Easy Move In is committed to protecting the privacy and rights of individuals we deal with in relation to their personal information. This includes current customers, prospective customers, our employees and contractors and the information they collect as well that deals with personal information.
We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, use, management, disclosure, quality, security, access and correction of your personal information.
Personal Information is information that can identify you. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, or account number. Information will be considered personal information if the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it.
Information is not used for any other purposes by Easy Move In and will not be passed onto any other organisation.
Collection of Information
We may collect the following types of personal information: name; mailing or street address; email address and telephone; birth date; details of the products you have purchased from us or our customers (on whose behalf we operate), as well as other information necessary to supply those products; any additional information relating to you that you provide to us through our representatives or otherwise. Information that will be collected from you is assumed to be accurate. No information collected is of a nature that will unreasonably interfere on your personal affairs.
Use of Personal Information
Personal information is only collected in accordance with the Act. We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect it in ways including: –
- through you using our website;
- through calling you on the telephone
- in the course of conversations between you and our employees and contractors;
- in the course of correspondence between you and our representatives, including electronic correspondence; or
- when you complete a contract
If you don’t provide us personal information as mentioned above:
- we might not be able to supply the products to you, or we may not be able to supply information to our clients which will enable our clients to do the same; or we may not be able to provide you with accurate information about, including information about specific discounts, or promotions, or we may not be able to supply information to our clients which will enable our clients to do the same; or
- if you are a contractor to us, you may not be able to provide your services to us
- We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:-
- To offer services to you and to communicate with you
- To keep our records and your details up to date
- To provide any advice and to answer your questions
- To provide you with further information about special offers.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your personal information will not be disclosed to any third party. However, we may give your information to our workers, clients, contractors or service providers so we can operate our business, to meet requirements of your custom, and to otherwise deliver our products and services to you and our clients including, without limitation, electronic network administrators, suppliers, clients and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Updating Your Information
You can ask for access to your personal information that we have by getting in touch with us using the contacts below. When providing this information we will liaise with you to find a suitable method of providing this data.
If there are reasons why we cannot provide your personal information on account of it interfering with the privacy of another or resulting in confidentiality breaches, we will provide reasons for this to you. If you contact us to update, change, or add to any incorrect personal information we will make these changes for you where applicable.
If in case of any complaints, please get in touch with us at the details below. We will investigate as fully as we can, check data, facts, and get in touch with you with regards to the facts of the issue, the scope of the investigation, and the causes for any issue. Where relevant we will also provide information about fixing the issue, and how to rectify the situation.
Should you have any issues, queries or complaints concerning your personal information, you can send these to us in writing and addressed to our Privacy Officer who will be dealing with these issues at email@example.com.
We have processes and training in place to make sure your personal information is secure and guarded from misuse and loss, or from access by unauthorised personnel. Your information may be stored electronically or in hard copy. Once information is no longer required it is destroyed.
With regard to our online website, we cannot guarantee that transmission of information online is secure due to the internet being intrinsically at risk. Information you supply over the internet may be intercepted during transmission and as such will be considered transmitted at your own risk.